Mathibedi Leadership Academy was established in 2014 however it was officially registered in 2018. The founder, Mathibedi-wa-Medupe observed that there is a gap within communities concerning the development and diffusion of leadership skills in totality, particularly within the education system.
All stakeholders within the education sector are not entirely provided with the leadership skills which will assist them to excel in their frame of work. In general, the training that is provided to them doesn’t necessarily address issues that will succour them in their respective communities.
There is a thin line between leadership skills and processes and procedures. Mathibedi Leadership Academy is an initiative of overcoming the thin line as much as possible, as well as to focus and address issues, systems, processes, procedures which are mostly over looked as a result of competence and compliance.
Moreover, through a series of sessions (individual or groups), MLA intendsto assist individuals to focus on the inner being, unleash the leadership potential and nurture the talents that each and every individual has. It is then that each individual will RISE (Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence) from a LEARNER TODAY to a LEADER FOREVER.
Every eligible individual has the potential of becoming a respectable, accountable and consistent leader who is guided by values.
To develop, increase and diffuse leadership abilities which will succour an individual to be a global leader.
Respect Integrity Service Excellence
ONE DAY SERVICE:
1. Build an outstanding team
2. Called to service / Thuma mina
3. Communicate a clear and compelling vision
4. Creative / Innovative leadership
5. Evaluation, monitoring and appraisal
6. Game Changer
7. Lead with character
8. Mind of leaders
9. Plan and execute with excellence
10. Sisonke (leading together)
11. Stepping into the future
12. Structures, Committees in organisations
13. Supporting a peaceful working environment
14. Understanding myself and others
15. Understanding systems in leadership
16. Who am I
TRAINING / PREPARATION / READINESS
(Can be anything between 4 hours and 48 hours; it all depends on the needs of respective organisation)
1. Career guidance
2. Conflict Management
3. Current issues in Education
4. Curriculum Management
5. Day to Day Management
6. Disciplinary Procedures for learners and teachers
7. Extra curricula activities and their role in Education
8. Financial Management
9. Identity crisis in Education
12. Parental involvement
13. Professional behaviour
14. RCL / Prefects / SRC / Class reps orientation / induction
15. School committee coordinators orientation/induction
16. Science Expo
17. Subject choice